Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Everybody get stoned

The stone masons arrived yesterday and have been working quickly.  And I must say, it looks pretty good!  The tile floors on the upper level have also been laid in the bathrooms and laundry room.

Master bath floor tile


On another note, I am becoming quite irritated with NVR.  The loan officer who was handling our mortgage has suddenly parted ways with the company and has been replaced with someone I am not so sure about.  Seems pretty odd that we are less than 30 days from closing and we don't have an interest rate locked or an updated good faith estimate. Now I'm being told that the $1000 I paid in November "won't count" because it posted during the same account statement as the 3.5% needed to start building.  WTF?  But I'm not going to get my money back now.  Instead that $1000 will be refunded to me at closing, but I will have to add an additional $1000 to the final closing cost.  And NVR says they won't reimburse me for the cost of the extra check.

Anger rising.....

4 comments:

  1. The stone looks pretty good with the brick. I'm looking forward to being at that stage but I've got a long way to go :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is looking great. As for NVR, that seems ridiculous. I don't want to jinx myself, but we've had a great experience with them so far. Sorry to hear this is not the case for you :( But, soon, you will be in your lovely home and NVR will be just a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you aren't happy with the answers you are getting from NVR, talk to your SR and see if you can go above that person and speak with a supervisor. Your SR should be able to help some as well as hopefully getting a more senior member of the mortgage team. Several times during our process we had to get our SR involved and get her manager and the regional manager involved to get some items taken care of. For our area, Ryan tells NVR what to do and they have to listen. Hopefully the same is true for your area.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house looks awesome! I love the brick wrap - I'm jealous I didn't think of that! I can see my house from one of your pictures, haha. That's silly about the fire place bump out, I'd be mad too.

    That sucks about NVR - is it Yvonne that left? She lives in our neighborhood near the model. Or maybe you dealt with someone different than we did? What about Monica? I had great luck with both of them. But I will say that the level of documentation they needed was outrageous (and I'm a CPA, so I'm used to an outrageous level of documentation).

    You or your wife can email me if you want to vent or run NVR stuff by us. ellen-wilde@hotmail.com

    Your house is getting so close! We absolutely love our house and location - our street is much quieter than some of the others in the neighborhood. The PM's have been great following up, though I've postponed my 30 day b/c I'm crazy busy with work.

    Once you move in, there is a neighborhood google email group that I can get you set up to - like for the Easter Egg hunt, March Madness tournament brackets, and other random things like if a neighbor loses a dog, etc.

    ReplyDelete