Thursday, March 22, 2012

More developments

After a good night's sleep (or as good as it gets with a toddler whacked out on corticosteroids in the next room), I am feeling much better about the house.  It was definitely a good thing to finally meet the loan officer in person and sit down to discuss everything.  

But enough of that. After work I headed over to the house to check out the progress.  The major update is that the fireplace was completed.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about the stone fireplace but now that it is done....it looks awesome.

Stone fireplace complete with my legs
And so does the granite in the kitchen.  The wife and I had an initial disagreement on the type of granite to use, and as much as it pains me to say it:  but I suppose her choice was the better one.  :)





Other developments include the stained railings and some of the light fixtures.  We were originally torn on whether to go with the brushed nickel or the rubbed bronze.  I am glad we went with the nickel; I think it looks really sharp, especially in contrast to the espresso cabinets.


One thing about the Rome that many models lack is the open foyer.  And while an open foyer is a waste of living space and costs more to heat/cool, it does look really nice.  But the Rome makes up for it a little bit by having a very long entryway.  And with the nickel fixtures and 2 piece-crown, the entry hall looks great.  I cannot wait to see the flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment